Web Hosting Types 2019
Web Hosting Types?
There are various types of web hosting services available to host your website. Before signing up for web hosting services, it is important to understand what kind of service your website needs, the kind of server you or your business needs, your budget, and what type of services the web host offers.
Hosting Types are:
- Shared hosting: These services share dedicated server resources with multiple users. Sharing a server results in some security risks but they are affordable for smaller needs, and you do get better administrative control and more monetization options.
- Dedicated hosting: A dedicated server provides robust features, full administrative access and unlimited use of software and applications, but you are responsible for your own security and maintenance.
- VPS hosting: VPS is an acronym meaning virtual private server, so VPS hosting imitates a dedicated server within a shared hosting environment. The biggest drawback is that it’s more expensive than shared hosting but you are getting more with it.
- Cloud Hosting: A new type of hosting package is called Cloud Hosting. This means that you don’t have one specific machine to act as your server. Your site is hosted across several other machines that have a load balancer shared between them. This means that in the event that one of the host machines goes down, the load is redistributed to other available machines. Cloud Hosting imitates virtual hosting by taking advantage of multiple source to provide capability, better performance and redundancy.
The web hostings features include;
- Unlimited disk space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 1-click script installs
- 99.9% Uptime
- 24/7/365 Technical Support
- ulimited Traffic for each plan.
- free SSl for https connections.
- Web mails.
- Security options.
The 3 most important factors of a web hosting:
- Load time –Load time is basically the page load speed. How fast it can load web pages.
- Uptime – needs to be at least 99.94% and Uptime is the amount of time that a server has stayed up. It is basically used to identify whether the web host is good at keeping their systems up for a longer time. It is usually listed in percentage.
- Customer Support – hosting service providers should help all clients with WordPress related questions . They have to be ready to guide clients and solve their problems. Whenever we tackle some problem in websites & servers, we need quick solutions to our problem. So here customer service support plays the major role. They should quickly provide you with solutions. Therefore it is really important to have good support.